Fashion Trends that have come back stronger than ever
Every year fashion trends come and go, now a lot of people are into the "vintage look" (including me!!) , so i decided to compile some of my favorite trends that have came back in recent years, also i found the trend cycle(kinda invented that term not sure what it's called) fascinating, it said that every 20 years a trend comes back, and after researching more about these trends i like i've found out its actually scarily accurate!
MOM JEANS
Mom jeans have became cool in the recent years again, this trend was most popular during the 80s and 90s (Monica Geller totally pulled the look off!), but in the early 2000s, people turned to low rise jeans and high rise jeans became "mom jeans", thanks to celebrities, this trend was brought back and people are rocking it everywhere! Putting a crop top and some mom jeans paired with some sneakers if it'a a casual day or if you're going out for lunch, some heels look great too. I love how "casual but chick" is a look now, when I have to run out the house in 5 minutes I just keep on my casual clothes and slip on some stilettos and people consider it fashion! 2 in 1!COLOR BLOCKING
As someone living in the city, you don't normally see people wearing colorful shirts everyday since it's not considered office wear, but i must say, block colored clothing must be one of my favorite trends that have come back, and the reasoning behind it is simple, I feel as if this type of clothing shows off ones personality so much.
This style also has a long history that was first debuted in the Yves Saint Laurent fall\winter show in 1946, the trend peaked in the 60s and 70s, times had changed and everyone was about expressing themselves and trying out new things, which made this the prime time for color blocking.SCRUCHIES
There is literally nothing bad to say about a scrunchies, they work as a nice hair tie( that don't break!), but also they are a real nice accessory on wrists when I'm not using it! Can't believe people used to despise them in the early 2000s.
Artist David Riley really said it best during his 2011 lecture at the New Museum in New York City, he used the term, “the scrunchie dilemma,"stating, “Here is the scrunchie dilemma: that something so practical, so useful, and in many ways, so adult has come to be associated with immaturity, and lack of sophistication. There is an unfortunate disconnect between what it is and what it represents. An identity crisis,”
Hope you guys enjoyed these! There will definitely be a part 2 in the near future i really want to share more of these, sorry I only listed 3 things, it's just I enjoy looking into these so much I completely forget about time!
source:



Comments
Post a Comment